Monday, November 4, 2013

7.00 Reporter's Notebook

Before I took this class, I thought a journalist was someone who constructed news articles. I believed the purpose of journalism was to inform the public of what is going on in the world. I knew that ethics were a huge part of journalism. I knew it was important to make sure I was always writing the truth and staying unbiased and impartial. I was interested to see the different aspects of journalism before taking this course because I love to write.

I have learned that a journalist is someone who immerses his or her self in the story they are working on to make sure the public is correctly informed. My knowledge on the purpose of journalism has not changed a lot. I have learned more about ethics though. I also learned what yellow journalism was and how those stories do not follow the journalism code of ethics. I am not as interested in a journalism career as I was when I first started the course because I have found an even bigger passion of mine that still involves writing. I do think journalism has a bright future simply because the world will always need someone to tell them what is going on in the world around them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment